Thursday, November 6, 2008

Getting on the ball with job hunting

This week for our blog posting our assignment was to find an actual broadcast related job posting and write a cover letter for it. I found it a little difficult at first to find a job that I thought fit me best, but eventually I came across an on-air talent job at WXDX 105.9 Pittsburgh. I listen to "The X" quite frequently and think that my experience here at Titan Radio has preparred me well for a radio on-air job. I am very open to working on-air for radio and the job description suits me very well. There are also components to this job, not just on air, which is a plus. I am able to multitask and feel that I am capable of undertaking this job. Hopefully, this cover letter will help me and communicate my talents and responsibilities.

Clear Channel

200 Fleet Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15220

To Whom It May Concern:


I recently discovered your posting for an on air talent at 105.9 WXDX Pittsburgh. As a Broadcast Journalism major, who works extensively for my college’s radio and television stations, I believe that I am qualified to undertake an on-air job with Clear Channel, particularly WXDX Pittsburgh.

At Westminster College my responsibilities include writer, news reporter, producer, disc jockey and interviewer for our radio station, Titan Radio Digital 88.9 FM. Working as a regular disc jockey and radio news reporter, I am able effectively prepare myself for news shifts and on-air spots. I adequately research and create effective and entertaining talk break segments for radio and am able to ad lib confidently. I believe my knowledge of your alternative radio format will benefit both WXDX and myself.

I have also served as an on-air color commentator for Wilmington Area High School football game broadcasts on Titan Radio, in addition to sidelines reporter for Westminster College football. I am experienced in the television field as well. I am a regular interviewer for our “County Close-Up” segment and have anchored on some occasions. Also, I write and present a weekly on-air sports report for the Presidents Athletic Conference on our “Coach’s Corner” program.

I have produced, written, filmed, and edited a public service announcement and am currently in the final stages of producing and editing my senior Capstone project, which is a high school recruiting video for the Westminster Football Program. I feel that my experience with radio, television, sports broadcasting, and creating a PSA, have provided me with the proper training required for employment with this station. My coursework in broadcast journalism, sports broadcasting, radio and television announcing, public relations, media management, and audio production have fully prepared me to undertake this job with Clear Channel.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this employment opportunity. Please, feel free to view my resume and contact me to explore my background further. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,


Christina Roseto

No comments: